Can't record audio fast enough

Phil Pellouchoud

Hi,

I am trying to build a source filter based on: GstAudioSrc

When I run it from gst-launch: gst-launch-0.10.exe hdr location=test.hdr ! queue ! autoaudiosink

I get audio for a few seconds and then it cuts out and I get this:

WARNING: from element /pipeline0/hdrsrc0: Can't record audio fast enough

Additional debug info:

E:\devel-release\src_releases\gst-plugins-base\gst-libs\gst\audio\gstbaseaudiosr

c.c(668): (function) (): /pipeline0/hdrsrc0:

dropped 28672 samples

WARNING: from element /pipeline0/hdrsrc0: Can't record audio fast enough

Additional debug info:

E:\devel-release\src_releases\gst-plugins-base\gst-libs\gst\audio\gstbaseaudiosr

c.c(668): (function) (): /pipeline0/hdrsrc0:

dropped 8192 samples

WARNING: from element /pipeline0/hdrsrc0: Can't record audio fast enough

I have no idea what that means, and I don’t understand what the problem is.  Can’t “record” audio fast enough?  Huh?  I’m supplying audio….

-phil

Re: Can't record audio fast enough

Edgard Lima

Hi,

it means exactly what it says "can't record audio fast enough".

so, your audio source is at some point blocked 'cause the queue is full.

first, check your cpu with 'top' and also try gst-launch-0.10 -v to get
more info from your pipeline.

if the cpu is not close to 100% then review your code (probably it is
wrong).
try to change autoaudiosink for fakesink or alsasink, or whatever to
have more control of your pipeline. then investigate the timestamp of
the buffers it could be the reason of blocking. and also try your sink
element with sync=false

BR,
Edgard