Crossfade plugin

Bugzilla from andrunko@gmail.com
Hi all,

I've started a crossfade plugin for gstreamer, it's still in a very
initial state, but I would like
to share opinions? What do you think about the design, the code, ...?

The code can be found at
http://code.google.com/p/andrunko/source/browse/trunk/gstreamer/gst-plugins/gst/crossfade
There is also an example in:
http://code.google.com/p/andrunko/source/browse/trunk/gstreamer/gst-plugins/tests/examples/crossfade

Initially I would like to implement crossfade on playbin, but I
thought a element could be more useful

Any comment is appreciated

BR

--
Andre Moreira Magalhaes (andrunko)

Re: Crossfade plugin

Frans van Berckel
Hi Andre,

Did you see how they solve it in Rhythmbox. The Rhythmbox  backends /
gstreamer / rb-player-gst-xfade from the trunk is available here.

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/rhythmbox/trunk/backends/gstreamer/

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 22:07 -0300, Andre Magalhaes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've started a crossfade plugin for gstreamer, it's still in a very
> initial state, but I would like
> to share opinions? What do you think about the design, the code, ...?
>
> The code can be found at
> http://code.google.com/p/andrunko/source/browse/trunk/gstreamer/gst-plugins/gst/crossfade
> There is also an example in:
> http://code.google.com/p/andrunko/source/browse/trunk/gstreamer/gst-plugins/tests/examples/crossfade
>
> Initially I would like to implement crossfade on playbin, but I
> thought a element could be more useful
>
> Any comment is appreciated
>
> BR

Re: Crossfade plugin

Bugzilla from andrunko@gmail.com
Hi Frans,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Frans van Berckel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Did you see how they solve it in Rhythmbox. The Rhythmbox  backends /
>  gstreamer / rb-player-gst-xfade from the trunk is available here.
>
>  http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/rhythmbox/trunk/backends/gstreamer/

Yeah I did, the idea is the same on how to do the crossfade. The
difference is that
they created a full player and not an element for that. The way I did
I believe it's more
extensible, as you can use it in several different ways.

BR

--
Andre Moreira Magalhaes (andrunko)

Re: Crossfade plugin

Frans van Berckel
Hi Andre,

Sure a element, the rhythmbox'ers will like the idea.

Have you in mind of handling the sources like they did in Gnonlin as
well? Or are you gonna support Gnonlin later on?

Frans van Berckel