Getting pipeline from playbin

John Faith-2
Hello,
I'd like to see the element pipeline which playbin uses.  Is there a
simple way to get this?

Thanks!,
John

Re: Getting pipeline from playbin

Tim-Philipp Müller-2
On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 17:07 -0800, John Faith wrote:

> I'd like to see the element pipeline which playbin uses.  Is there a
> simple way to get this?

Graphically: wait until the pipeline/playbin has reached PAUSED or
PLAYING state, then use

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstInfo.html#GST-DEBUG-BIN-TO-DOT-FILE:CAPS

Alternatively: gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin uri=....

will usually also give you a good idea about what elements are involved
(check the element names when it prints the caps of the various pads).

Cheers
 -Tim

Tim Müller wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 17:07 -0800, John Faith wrote:
>
>> I'd like to see the element pipeline which playbin uses.  Is there a
>> simple way to get this?
>
> Graphically: wait until the pipeline/playbin has reached PAUSED or
> PLAYING state, then use
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstInfo.html#GST-DEBUG-BIN-TO-DOT-FILE:CAPS
>

> Alternatively: gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin uri=....
>
> will usually also give you a good idea about what elements are involved
> (check the element names when it prints the caps of the various pads).

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the response!

I was hoping that there was a way to get the pipeline in text (similar
to what gst-launch accepts) without recompiling, but thanks for the
suggestions!

,
John

Re: Getting pipeline from playbin

Stefan Sauer
Hi tim,

Tim Müller schrieb:

> On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 17:07 -0800, John Faith wrote:
>
>> I'd like to see the element pipeline which playbin uses.  Is there a
>> simple way to get this?
>
> Graphically: wait until the pipeline/playbin has reached PAUSED or
> PLAYING state, then use
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstInfo.html#GST-DEBUG-BIN-TO-DOT-FILE:CAPS
>

> Alternatively: gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin uri=....
>
> will usually also give you a good idea about what elements are involved
> (check the element names when it prints the caps of the various pads).

I wonder if we should improve this a bit. Currently it lists:
/playbin0/abin/audiosink.sink: caps = aud....

This does not tell you which audiosink it uses. SO what about:
/playbin0/abin/audiosink[alsasink].sink: caps = aud....

Stefan

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 19:32 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:

> > Alternatively: gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin uri=....
> >
> > will usually also give you a good idea about what elements are involved
> > (check the element names when it prints the caps of the various pads).
>
> I wonder if we should improve this a bit. Currently it lists:
> /playbin0/abin/audiosink.sink: caps = aud....
>
> This does not tell you which audiosink it uses. SO what about:
> /playbin0/abin/audiosink[alsasink].sink: caps = aud....

It should say something like

/playbin0/abin/audiosink/audiosink-actual-sink-alsa.sink: caps = ...

too.

Cheers
 -Tim