Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Duchassin Frederic

Hello,

Is somebody know this error :

ERROR: h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

I get this error many many times on the output and don't really know where is the problem. (The stream read came from an mpeg2ts file).

BR

Frédéric

Re: Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Nicolas Dufresne-5
Le jeudi 24 janvier 2019 à 15:11 +0100, Duchassin Frederic a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is somebody know this error :
>
> ERROR: h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error
>
> I get this error many many times on the output and don't really know where is the problem. (The stream read came from an mpeg2ts file).

And which H264 decoder, platform, OS, GStreamer version did you come
accross this ? Is it triggered by code from the GStreamer project or
third party ? There is not enough context here.

> BR
>
> Frédéric

Re: Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Duchassin Frederic
Sorry,

* I'm working on IMX8M embedded platform hardware.

* gstreamer v 1.0

* You're right H264 decoder is from imx-gst-plugin so it comes from NXP.

All the decoding process seems good because image is still decoded but i
get errors on output.

BR

Frédéric

Le 24/01/2019 à 17:43, Nicolas Dufresne a écrit :

> Le jeudi 24 janvier 2019 à 15:11 +0100, Duchassin Frederic a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is somebody know this error :
>>
>> ERROR: h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error
>>
>> I get this error many many times on the output and don't really know where is the problem. (The stream read came from an mpeg2ts file).
> And which H264 decoder, platform, OS, GStreamer version did you come
> accross this ? Is it triggered by code from the GStreamer project or
> third party ? There is not enough context here.
>
>> BR
>>
>> Frédéric

Re: Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Duchassin Frederic
decoding process use : h264parse + vpudec.

Le 24/01/2019 à 17:43, Nicolas Dufresne a écrit :

> Le jeudi 24 janvier 2019 à 15:11 +0100, Duchassin Frederic a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is somebody know this error :
>>
>> ERROR: h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error
>>
>> I get this error many many times on the output and don't really know where is the problem. (The stream read came from an mpeg2ts file).
> And which H264 decoder, platform, OS, GStreamer version did you come
> accross this ? Is it triggered by code from the GStreamer project or
> third party ? There is not enough context here.
>
>> BR
>>
>> Frédéric

Re: Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Duchassin Frederic
Hello All,

I can't find any information about this error !

Is someone can give a clue where to search please ?

BR

Frederic

Le 24/01/2019 à 17:51, Duchassin Frederic a écrit :

> decoding process use : h264parse + vpudec.
>

> Le 24/01/2019 à 17:43, Nicolas Dufresne a écrit :
>> Le jeudi 24 janvier 2019 à 15:11 +0100, Duchassin Frederic a écrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is somebody know this error :
>>>
>>> ERROR: h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error
>>>
>>> I get this error many many times on the output and don't really know
>>> where is the problem. (The stream read came from an mpeg2ts file).
>> And which H264 decoder, platform, OS, GStreamer version did you come
>> accross this ? Is it triggered by code from the GStreamer project or
>> third party ? There is not enough context here.
>>
>>> BR
>>>
>>> Frédéric

Re: Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Jameswalter
If you are encountering an error related to h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters in GStreamer, here are some possible solutions you can try:

Check the input stream: Ensure that the input H264 stream you are trying to decode is valid and has all the necessary headers. You can use a tool like FFmpeg to check the stream for errors and to add missing headers if necessary.

Check the GStreamer version: Make sure you are using the latest version of GStreamer, as some older versions may have bugs or compatibility issues that have since been resolved.

Re: Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters error

Jameswalter
The "Gstreamer h264bsdDecodeSeiParameters" error you mentioned is related to the GStreamer multimedia framework and the H.264 video codec's Bitstream Decoder plugin (h264bsddec). This error typically occurs when the decoder encounters invalid or unsupported SEI (Supplemental Enhancement Information) parameters in the H.264 video stream.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to address this error:

Check the input video stream: Ensure that the input video stream being processed by GStreamer and the h264bsddec plugin is valid and conforms to the H.264 video codec specifications. Validate the video stream using other tools or players to ensure it is not corrupted or improperly encoded.

Update GStreamer and plugins: Make sure you are using the latest version of GStreamer and the h264bsddec plugin. Outdated versions may have known issues or limitations that have been addressed in newer releases. Updating to the latest version can help resolve potential bugs or compatibility issues.