How to get self plugin reference at runtime

Seb

How to get self plugin reference at runtime

Seb
This post was updated on .
Hi experts,

I'm using a plugin that links to a custom lib. I don't have access to plugin source, just to custom lib that I can rebuild.

I'd like to get name of running plugin instance from custom lib at runtime, so that I can distinguish among various instances of it.

Is there a way to get a reference to self such as GstElement or else that would allow to do this ? (I failed to find such macro so far, sorry)

I'm using Gstreamer 1.14.5 with C++ API.

Thanks for any help.