Pre-releases available - gst-plugins-good 0.10.6.2 gst-plugins-bad 0.10.5.2 gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.6.2

Pre-releases available - gst-plugins-good 0.10.6.2 gst-plugins-bad 0.10.5.2 gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.6.2

Jan Schmidt-6
Pre-release tarballs for gst-plugins-good 0.10.6.2 gst-plugins-bad
0.10.5.2 gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.6.2 are now available for download.

The next pre-releases will be on Wednesday, 13th Feb if needed,
otherwise expect the releases on Monday 18th.

Packagers, please note that some plugins have moved out of -bad in this
release, and some have been renamed.

libgstequalizer.so - moved from -bad to -good
libgstspectrum.so - moved from -bad to -good
libgstmultifile.so - moved from -bad to -good
libgstswitch.so - in -bad, replaced by libgstselector.so
libgstxingheader.so - moved from -bad into libgstmpegaudioparse.so in -ugly
libgstvideoparse.so - in -bad, became libgstrawparse.so
libgstdvbsrc.so - in -bad, renamed to libgstdvb.so
libgstpitch.so - in -bad, became libgstsoundtouch.so

The tarballs are at:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/pre/gst-plugins-good-0.10.6.2.tar.bz2

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/pre/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.5.2.tar.bz2

and

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-ugly/pre/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6.2.tar.bz2

Please test and file any bugs in bugzilla - http://bugzilla.gnome.org

Cheers,
Jan.

2nd Pre-releases available - gst-plugins-good 0.10.6.3 gst-plugins-bad 0.10.5.3 gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.6.3

Jan Schmidt-6
Pre-release tarballs for gst-plugins-good 0.10.6.3 gst-plugins-bad
0.10.5.3 gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.6.3 are now available for download.

The changes from the first set of releases are:
In -good:
* Fix various leaks in multifilesrc, ximagesrc, efence, directdrawsink,
v4l2src and RTP elements.
* Fix seeking in AVI/DivX files with 0.10.3 gst-ffmpeg.
In -bad:
* Fix leaks in xvidenc,  fbdevsink,  rfbsrc,  vmncdec, mpegvideoparse,
h264parse & dshowdecwrapper elements.
* Remove GL elements which have moved to the new gst-plugins-gl module
* The metadata element was inadvertently installing a header file. This
is no longer installed.
In -ugly:
* Fix leaks in lame, dvdsubparse.
* Correctly write the bytes size on big-endian systems in xingmux.
* Fix a regression in seeking in BYTE format in dvdreadsrc

For people building on MingW, the -bad release now includes new elements
which wrap system installed DirectShow plugins for decoding and input.
However, the plugins are not yet integrated into the configure script.
We need appropriate tests to put into configure.ac. In the meantime, the
plugins can be built manually by cd'ing into each of
gst-libs/gst/dshow/, sys/dshowdecwrapper/ and sys/dshowsrcwrapper/ and
running make manually after configuration.

Tarballs are available at:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/pre/gst-plugins-good-0.10.6.3.tar.bz2

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/pre/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.5.3.tar.bz2

and

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-ugly/pre/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6.3.tar.bz2

Packagers should note the list of moved plugins in the reply quote below.

Jan Schmidt wrote:

> Pre-release tarballs for gst-plugins-good 0.10.6.2 gst-plugins-bad
> 0.10.5.2 gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.6.2 are now available for download.
>
> The next pre-releases will be on Wednesday, 13th Feb if needed,
> otherwise expect the releases on Monday 18th.
>
> Packagers, please note that some plugins have moved out of -bad in this
> release, and some have been renamed.
>
> libgstequalizer.so - moved from -bad to -good
> libgstspectrum.so - moved from -bad to -good
> libgstmultifile.so - moved from -bad to -good
> libgstswitch.so - in -bad, replaced by libgstselector.so
> libgstxingheader.so - moved from -bad into libgstmpegaudioparse.so in -ugly
> libgstvideoparse.so - in -bad, became libgstrawparse.so
> libgstdvbsrc.so - in -bad, renamed to libgstdvb.so
> libgstpitch.so - in -bad, became libgstsoundtouch.so
>
> The tarballs are at:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/pre/gst-plugins-good-0.10.6.2.tar.bz2
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/pre/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.5.2.tar.bz2
>
> and
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-ugly/pre/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6.2.tar.bz2
>
> Please test and file any bugs in bugzilla - http://bugzilla.gnome.org
>
> Cheers,
> Jan.

Release delayed. 3rd Pre-releases available - gst-plugins-good 0.10.6.4 gst-plugins-bad 0.10.5.4 gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.6.4

Jan Schmidt-6
I've just uploaded new pre-releases of each of -good, -bad -ugly.

The final tarballs for the release were due to be out tonight, but each
module has changes that we'd rather see get a bit more testing - so I'm
deferring the release until Wednesday night.

Changes since the last pre-releases are:

In -good:
* Fix initialisation of variables in rtspsrc
* Fix compilation of the spectrum example when libxml use is disabled.
In -bad:
* Fix g_criticals in mpegtsparse
* Add DirectShow decoder support to the dist
* Fix a crasher bug in the DVD  sub-picture overlay dvdspu
* Fix in gstrtpbin - ignore streams that did not receive an SR packet
when doing synchronisation.
* Fix crash in camutils when descriptors are not present.
In -ugly:
* Add some casts in dvdreadsrc to avoid overflow when past the 2GB point.
* Handle invalid incoming timestamps better in mp3parse

Please file bugs in bugzilla http://bugzilla.gnome.org and expect final
tarballs Wednesday.

Tarballs are at:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/pre/gst-plugins-good-0.10.6.4.tar.bz2