Re: Help required in regarding ffmux_3gp gst-plugin

Re: Help required in regarding ffmux_3gp gst-plugin

Ronald S. Bultje
Hi Ravindra,

please reply to the list, I no longer work on gstreamer so I can't help much.

Stop using gst-launch, it should burn in hell. Specifically, quitting your pipeline won't generate a proper EOS when using gst-launch. This will cause no proper 3gp header to be appended to the data (in the ffmpeg mov/3gp/etc muxer, the header comes after the data). The result is that the file has no valid header and is thus unplayable. The solution is to generate an EOS in the pipeline so the pipeline can shut down, header will be appended and the 3gp file is methodically valid and playable.

I don't know how to do that in the current gst API, I hope the gst devs (CC: gst-devel) can help you with that.

Ronald

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Ravindra k d <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello
This is Ravindra form samsung electronics ,I ahve one uses issue while using gst plugin for 3gp muxer.
I have used this pipline to create a 3gp file but i am not able to play the genrated 3gpp file.
pipileine:

gst-launch alsasrc ! volume ! audioconvert ! queue ! tee name=taa taa. ! queue ! goom ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink v4lsrc ! queue ! tee name=tvv tvv. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink tvv. ! queue ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=25/2 ! ffenc_h263 name=tc taa. ! queue ! audioconvert ! amrnbenc name=vc ffmux_3gp name=muxer tc. ! muxer. vc. ! muxer. muxer. ! filesink location=x.3gp

This Pipeline is for Audio video recording from camera and alsasrc and video prview and saving file as 3gp file pipeline is working but if i try to play the gerated file it does not play .

can you help me out this if possibile .

Ravi

Re: Help required in regarding ffmux_3gp gst-plugin

Mark Nauwelaerts-2

On the other hand, to take some heat of gst-launch, you could try using GEntrans
which, as an intended transcoding tool, has some extra provisions
(http://gentrans.sourceforge.net/docs/head/manual/html/entrans.html)

Specifically, running it in proper (simple) fashion with decent pipeline, it
will do its (usually successful) best to send EOS through the pipeline (causing
proper "administrative round-up") when interrupted (Ctrl-C, SIGINT).  Speaking
of pipeline; it may help concentrating on a workable output file using a
(non-previewing) simpler pipeline, and in the end I also have no idea whether
the ffmpeg muxer in question for 3gp/etc works out well ...

Regards,
Mark.