V4l2Src error

Mazahir Poonawalla

Hello,

I am trying to run gstreamer examples for composite video input as well as for input from LI-5M03 board as mentioned in the following web-pages:

https://www.ridgerun.com/developer/wiki/index.php/TVP5146_GStreamer_example_pipelines

https://www.ridgerun.com/developer/wiki/index.php/LeopardBoard_365_GStreamer_Pipelines_-_SDK_2011Q2

http://designsomething.org/leopardboard/f/33/p/806/2827.aspx#2827

The problem is that it runs the 1st time perfectly. But then when I try to run the 2nd time, I get the following error:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
davinci_resizer davinci_resizer.2: RSZ_G_CONFIG:0:1:124
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Cannot identify device '/dev/video0'.
Additional debug info:
../../../src/sys/v4l2/v4l2_calls.c(573): gst_v4l2_open (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
system error: No such file or directory
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

This happens all the time. I restarted the leopardboard, also reinserted the sd card but it just does not work.

Can anyone please suggest as to what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Maz

Re: V4l2Src error

Mazahir Poonawalla
Thanks Omer & Punya.

@ Punya,
How do I verify that?
When I run the test pipeline, it works:
fbset -disable
gst-launch videotestsrc ! TIDmaiVideoSink
but when I run any other example, it doesn't and gives me the error as mentioned before. I am working on composite input and hence I run this pipeline example:

gst-launch  v4l2src chain-ipipe=true always-copy=false input-src=composite ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)NV12, width=736, height=480, framerate=(fraction)30000/1001' ! dmaiaccel !  dmaiperf ! TIDmaiVideoSink videoOutput=composite videoStd=D1_NTSC
On 31 July 2012 21:28, Punya Prakash [via Gstreamer-embedded] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Maz – looks like your video device node is not created, verify the camera connection to the board and then the camera driver.

Regards,

Punya

Re: V4l2Src error

Jameswalter
The V4l2Src error is typically encountered when using the v4l2src plugin in GStreamer, a popular multimedia framework for Linux. The error message indicates that there is a problem with the video source, which may be caused by a variety of factors.

Here are a few possible solutions to the V4l2Src error:

Check the video source: Make sure that the video source (such as a webcam or camera) is connected properly and is functioning correctly. Try using a different video source to see if the error persists.

Check the permissions: Make sure that the user running the GStreamer pipeline has permission to access the video source. You may need to add the user to the "video" group or change the file permissions on the video device.