WebRTC strange behaviour

GStreamer-devel mailing list
Hi all,

I have a WebRTC app fully working, I can connect and disconnect browsers to
my GST app as I wish, except in one case. When there is only one session
connected and it leaves (leaving the tee connected only to a fakesink), the
next session takes a long time to connect, the audio is missing and when it
leaves the app crashes.

Even weirder is the fact that if I refresh the page everything works just
fine. In my mind the behaviour of refreshing a page or disconnecting and
connecting another one is the same, so I can't figure out what it is that is
breaking the code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Miguel Leão

Re: WebRTC strange behaviour

GStreamer-devel mailing list
Very important note, in the exit stage one of the probes used to block the
downstream isn't triggering the callback. Again this only happens in the
situation described in the previous post.

Regards,
Miguel Leão

Re: WebRTC strange behaviour

GStreamer-devel mailing list
Hello Miguel.

If refresh of the page helps, I would suggest, that the problem is on the browser's side. Also, take a note, that cleaning of the gst elements is not always goes fine. I've noticed that sometimes, after deleting the elements and allocate it for the new session, I've got the same pointers with the same elements (already with predefined settings) left from the previous session.

Best regards,
Anton.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 2:37 PM leaonidas via gstreamer-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very important note, in the exit stage one of the probes used to block the
downstream isn't triggering the callback. Again this only happens in the
situation described in the previous post.

Regards,
Miguel Leão

Re: WebRTC strange behaviour

GStreamer-devel mailing list
Hello Anton,

I think the browser is fine, because both the refresh and the close/open
connection work, except for the case where there is only one bin connected.

As for the cleanup not cleaning properly, that's a good hint and one that I
will check.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Miguel Leão