gstreamer freebox multiroom

Julien Isorce
Hi,

The following pipeline works fine:(sound + video)
gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201"

I tried with -v option to have informations of the pipeline made then I tried:

gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201" ! rtpmp2tdepay ! flutsdemux name=d d. ! queue ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink d. ! mad ! alsasink

but it is not working, log :

"
ERREUR: de l'élément /pipeline0/rtspsrc0/udpsrc0 : Erreur de données de flux interne.
streaming task paused, reason not-negociated (-4)
""

Where am I wrong in the command line ?

Then I want to use the netsim element from farsight plugin. Do I have to insert it between rtspsrc and
rtpmp2tdepay ?

Thx

ffdemux_mpegts enhancement: push based scheduling

Ramana_polaka

Hi,

I've tried the patch for ffdemux_mpegts element.  but I'm only getting the first frame of video as a still.
I'm playing an MPEG2 transport stream using the following command:

               gst-launch filesrc location=reader.mpg ! queue ! ffdemux_mpegts ! ffdec_mpeg2video ! xvimagesink

Only first frame was displayed. But pipeline keeps in running state
I’ve also attached the latest file. Can you please tell me if there is any fix for the same?

I did observe the following warning

gstffmpegdemux.c:1256:gst_ffmpegdemux_loop:<ffdemux_mpegts0>[00m invalid buffer duration, setting to NONE

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ramana

gstffmpegdemux.c (71K) Download Attachment

Re: gstreamer freebox multiroom

Zaheer Merali
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Julien Isorce <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following pipeline works fine:(sound + video)
> gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201"
>

> I tried with -v option to have informations of the pipeline made then I
> tried:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201"
> ! rtpmp2tdepay ! flutsdemux name=d d. ! queue ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace
> ! ximagesink d. ! mad ! alsasink

Try adding a videoscale between ffmpegcolorspace and ximagesink.

Zaheer

> but it is not working, log :
>
> "
> ERREUR: de l'élément /pipeline0/rtspsrc0/udpsrc0 : Erreur de données de flux
> interne.
>  streaming task paused, reason not-negociated (-4)
> ""
>
> Where am I wrong in the command line ?
>

> Then I want to use the netsim element from farsight plugin. Do I have to
> insert it between rtspsrc and rtpmp2tdepay ?
>
> Thx

Re: ffdemux_mpegts enhancement: push based scheduling

Zaheer Merali
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Ramana Reddy Polaka
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I've tried the patch for ffdemux_mpegts element.  but I'm only getting the
> first frame of video as a still.
> I'm playing an MPEG2 transport stream using the following command:
>
>                gst-launch filesrc location=reader.mpg ! queue !
> ffdemux_mpegts ! ffdec_mpeg2video ! xvimagesink
>
> Only first frame was displayed. But pipeline keeps in running state
> I've also attached the latest file. Can you please tell me if there is any
> fix for the same?
>
> I did observe the following warning
>
> gstffmpegdemux.c:1256:gst_ffmpegdemux_loop:<ffdemux_mpegts0>[00m invalid
> buffer duration, setting to NONE
>

> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Ramana

I would use the fluendo mpeg transport stream demuxer and not the ffmpeg one.

Zaheer

Re: gstreamer freebox multiroom

Julien Isorce
Hi,

Ok I did what you recommended: add a videoscale between ffmpegcolorspace and ximagesink.
I did not get error this time, but the pipeline was blocked I think. So as usual, I thought the problem was about synchronisation.
I tried several possibilities and I finally found one that works:

gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location="rtsp://<a href="http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201" ! rtpmp2tdepay ! flutsdemux name=d d. ! mpeg2dec ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! ximagesink d. ! mad ! queue ! alsasink

So thx for the idea of "videoscale".
Do you know why this element is needed ?

I will now try to experiment the
netsim element from farsight plugin.
Any advise about this element would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Julien I.

2008/4/9, Zaheer Merali <[hidden email]>:
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Julien Isorce <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following pipeline works fine:(sound + video)
> gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201"
>

> I tried with -v option to have informations of the pipeline made then I
> tried:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201"
> ! rtpmp2tdepay ! flutsdemux name=d d. ! queue ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace
> ! ximagesink d. ! mad ! alsasink

Try adding a videoscale between ffmpegcolorspace and ximagesink.

Zaheer

> but it is not working, log :
>
> "
> ERREUR: de l'élément /pipeline0/rtspsrc0/udpsrc0 : Erreur de données de flux
> interne.
>  streaming task paused, reason not-negociated (-4)
> ""
>
> Where am I wrong in the command line ?
>

> Then I want to use the netsim element from farsight plugin. Do I have to
> insert it between rtspsrc and rtpmp2tdepay ?
>
> Thx

Re: gstreamer freebox multiroom

Jan Schmidt-2
<quote who="Julien Isorce">

>    Hi,
>
>    Ok I did what you recommended: add a videoscale between ffmpegcolorspace
>    and ximagesink.
>    I did not get error this time, but the pipeline was blocked I think. So as
>    usual, I thought the problem was about synchronisation.
>    I tried several possibilities and I finally found one that works:
>
>    gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc
>    location="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201" ! rtpmp2tdepay !
>    flutsdemux name=d d. ! mpeg2dec ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale !
>    ximagesink d. ! mad ! queue ! alsasink
>
>    So thx for the idea of "videoscale".
>    Do you know why this element is needed ?

It's needed to match the pixel aspect ratio of the video (usually non-square
pixels) to the display device (usually a computer monitor with square
pixels). Using xvimagesink allows scaling in the X server and then
videoscale usually isn't needed. It never does any harm to include it
regardless - it will negotiate to passthrough and do no work if possible.

J.

>    I will now try to experiment the netsim element from farsight plugin.
>    Any advise about this element would be appreciated.
>    Sincerely
>
>    Julien I.
>    2008/4/9, Zaheer Merali <[hidden email]>:
>
>      On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Julien Isorce <[hidden email]>
>      wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > The following pipeline works fine:(sound + video)
>      > gst-launch-0.10 playbin
>      uri="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201"
>      >
>      >
>      > I tried with -v option to have informations of the pipeline made then
>      > tried:
>      >
>      > gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc
>      location="rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/201"
>      > ! rtpmp2tdepay ! flutsdemux name=d d. ! queue ! mpeg2dec !
>      ffmpegcolorspace
>      > ! ximagesink d. ! mad ! alsasink
>      >
>
>      Try adding a videoscale between ffmpegcolorspace and ximagesink.
>
>      Zaheer
>
>      > but it is not working, log :
>      >
>      > "
>      > ERREUR: de l'element /pipeline0/rtspsrc0/udpsrc0 : Erreur de donnees
>      de flux
>      > interne.
>      > ...
>      >  streaming task paused, reason not-negociated (-4)
>      > ...
>      > ""
>      >
>      > Where am I wrong in the command line ?
>      >
>      >
>      > Then I want to use the netsim element from farsight plugin. Do I have
>      > insert it between rtspsrc and rtpmp2tdepay ?
>      >
>      > Thx
>      >
>      >
>      >
>
>      >
>      >  [hidden email]
>      >  https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
>      >
>      >

Jan Schmidt                                  [hidden email]

The woman you buy -- and she is the least expensive -- takes a great deal of money. The woman who gives herself takes all your time. - Balzac

Re: gstreamer freebox multiroom

Julien Isorce
Hi,

I was testing in a virtual machine (kubuntu on virtual box), because "rtspsrc" seems to be not ready yet on win32.
And it seems that xvimagesink is not available in a VM (I am not sure but I could  not have it), that's why I tried with ximagesink.

Thx for explanations.

Sincerely