compiling error

manojkp

 hai ,
when i tried to compile "totem  movie player src" found the

 following  error?

 checking for GST... no
 checking for backend libraries... configure: error: you need the
 GStreamer or the xine-lib development packages installed

i have already installed gstreamer0.10-gnonlin-dev packages ,that is the only
dev packages availble in my synaptic.

give me some seggestion on  solving this error and to go forward.

manu

Re: compiling error

Tim-Philipp Müller-2
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 10:21 +0530, manoj kp kp wrote:

>  checking for GST... no
>  checking for backend libraries... configure: error: you need the
>  GStreamer or the xine-lib development packages installed
>

> i have already installed gstreamer0.10-gnonlin-dev packages ,that is
> the only
> dev packages availble in my synaptic.

You don't need that gnonlin package, but you do need at least the
following packages:

 libgstreamer0.10-dev
 libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev
 gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
 gstreamer0.10-plugins-good

$ sudo apt-get build-dep totem-gstreamer

should get you everything you need to build totem.

Cheers
 -Tim

Re: compiling error

rachelgomez161999
A compiling error occurs when the code you have written contains syntax errors, semantic errors or other issues that prevent the compiler from creating a runnable program. Here are some tips to help you fix compiling errors:

Check the error message: Look carefully at the error message generated by the compiler. The error message should give you an idea of what the problem is and where it is occurring in your code.

Check your syntax: Review your code to ensure that you have used the correct syntax for the programming language you are working in. Check that you have used the correct punctuation, spelling, and capitalization.

Check your variables and data types: Make sure that you have declared your variables correctly and that you are using the correct data types.

Check your function calls: If you are calling functions in your code, make sure that you are using the correct function names and parameters.

Use a debugger: If you are unable to identify the cause of the error, you can use a debugger to step through your code and identify the problem.

Review documentation: Check the documentation for the programming language or development environment you are working in to see if there are any specific requirements or best practices that you may have missed.

Seek help: If you are still unable to resolve the compiling error, seek help from other developers or online forums for your programming language or development environment.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez