dedupe video frames

GStreamer-devel mailing list
I want to remove duplicate frames.   the source is ximage, so anytime there is no activity, the fames should be the same, and boring :p

compare looks useful, but I don't know how

--
Carl K

Re: dedupe video frames

GStreamer-devel mailing list
Maybe imagefreeze does what you need:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/imagefreeze/index.html?gi-language=python#imagefreeze-page

Michael

On 20 May 2021, at 21:55, Carl Karsten via gstreamer-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:

I want to remove duplicate frames.   the source is ximage, so anytime there is no activity, the fames should be the same, and boring :p

compare looks useful, but I don't know how

--
Carl K

Re: dedupe video frames

GStreamer-devel mailing list
imagefreeze is the opposite of what I want
"It duplicates the first frame..."

I want a filter (is filter the right term here?) I want something that does not pass frames that are the same as the previous frame.
Frame number and time get adjusted so the result shows something moving at all times.

If I have these frames:
a, b1, b2, b3, c, d

and b1,2,3 are all the same, output is a, b1, c, d

On Thu, 2021-05-20 at 20:55 -0700, Carl Karsten via gstreamer-devel wrote:
I want to remove duplicate frames.   the source is ximage, so anytime there is no activity, the fames should be the same, and boring :p

I'm guessing that you might be able to do this in ximagesrc directly by taking advantage of the XDamage extension is to just generate a new frame when a part of the screen has been "damaged", ie, modified.

--
Olivier Crête
[hidden email]